Nielsen surveyed over 250,000 internet consumers from 50 countries and found:
- Recommendations from personal acquaintances or opinions posted by consumers online are the most trusted forms of advertising.
- 90% or consumers surveyed noted that they trust recommendations from people they know.
- 70% trusted consumer opinions posted online.
What can you do starting this week to cultivate trust online?
- Showcase your latest case study on Facebook. Tell a story!
- Ask your Client/Customer base to Tell a Friend about your Website. Give them a pair of movie tickets as a way of saying thanks.
- Put a rating system in place for your products. Let the fans attract the business.
- Invite key bloggers in your industry to experience your product/service.
Keep an ongoing list of ways you can build trust online, and leverage your current network whenever possible. Just be sure to give back. It always comes full circle.
Hope you have found this article helpful. Please feel free to leave me a comment.